|Form||Crystalline Powder or Crystals|
|Melting point||118-120 °C (lit.)|
|Boiling point||329-331 °C (lit.)|
|Refractive index||1.4502 (estimate)|
|Stability||Stable. Incompatible with strong oxidizing agents.|
|Appearance||White crystalline granular powder|
|Sensory||Clear sweet, no unusual odor|
|Melting Range||119℃- 123℃|
|Mesh Size||14-30, 30-60, 18-60, 100 mesh|
|Loss on Drying||NMT 0.2%|
|Erythritol (on dry basis)||NLT 99.5%|
|Heavy Metal (Pb)||NMT 0.5 mg/kg|
|As||NMT 2.0 mg/kg|
|Reducing Sugar (as glucose)||NMT 0.3%|
|Ribitol and Glycerol||NMT 0.1%|
|Total Plate Count||NMT 300 cfu/g|
|Yeast & Mould||NMT 50 cfu/g|
Erythritol can promote the combination of ethanol and water molecules. Alcoholic beverages can reduce the sensory stimulation of odors and alcohol, and can effectively improve the quality of wine Baijiu and wine.
Erythritol can produce all kinds of candy with good quality. The texture and shelf life of the product are exactly the same as those of traditional products. Because erythritol is easy to crush and does not absorb moisture, all kinds of candies have good storage stability even under high humidity storage conditions. At the same time, it is very beneficial to the health of teeth and will not lead to dental caries.
Erythritol has been widely used in medicine and daily chemical fields because of its caries prevention, oxidation resistance, moisture retention and non flammability.
Erythritol has the following advantages compared with xylitol
1. Erythritol is a natural zero calorie sweetener, and xylitol has calories.
2. Erythritol was more tolerated than xylitol. All sugar alcohols will have diarrhea after eating too much, which has a problem of tolerance, and erythritol is the highest tolerance in human body.
3. The average blood glucose index and average insulin index of erythritol are lower than xylitol. Therefore, erythritol has less effect on blood glucose and antioxidant activity.
4. Many sugar alcohols will feel cool when eating. This cool feeling comes from the heat of dissolution and absorption. When dissolving, they will absorb your heat, so we feel cool. The degree of coolness of each product is expressed by the coefficient of dissolution and absorption heat. Erythritol has the highest dissolution and absorption heat, and its coolness is the highest.
5. In terms of production technology, erythritol is the only one of all sugar alcohols produced by fermentation, which is closer to natural transformation and extraction.
6. Erythritol is basically non hygroscopic, and other sugar alcohols have different degrees of hygroscopicity, which increases the application field.
7. Xylitol is mainly used in the fields of candy and medicine in Europe. Although xylitol is added in an appropriate amount in FDA and European regulations, too high human intake will cause symptoms such as elevated blood glucose and diarrhea.