1. L-glutamic acid is mainly used in the production of monosodium glutamate, spices, salt substitutes, nutritional supplements and biochemical reagents. L-glutamic acid itself can be used as a drug to participate in the metabolism of protein and sugar in the brain and promote the oxidation process. The product combines with ammonia to synthesize non-toxic glutamine in the body, so as to reduce blood ammonia and reduce the symptoms of liver coma. It is mainly used to treat hepatic coma and severe hepatic insufficiency, but the curative effect is not very satisfactory; Combined with antiepileptic drugs, it can also treat epileptic seizures and psychomotor seizures. Racemic glutamic acid is used in the production of drugs and biochemical reagents.
2. It is usually not used alone, but used in conjunction with phenolic and quinone antioxidants to obtain good synergistic effect.
3. Glutamic acid is used as complexing agent for electroless plating.
4. For pharmaceutical, food additives and nutritional fortifiers;
5. For biochemical research, medically for liver coma, preventing epilepsy, reducing ketonuria and ketemia;
6. Salt substitutes, nutritional supplements and flavoring agents (mainly used for meat, soup and poultry, etc.). It can also be used as an inhibitor to prevent magnesium ammonium phosphate crystallization in canned aquatic products such as shrimp and crab, with an dosage of 0.3% ~ 1.6%. It can be used as perfume according to the provisions of GB 2760-96;
The first sodium salt - sodium glutamate is used as seasoning, and the commodities include monosodium glutamate and monosodium glutamate.